Dingbat pancakes ! (Say what you can see)
A game for all stages of language learners
- Give each child a piece of A4 paper and ask them to fold the paper into four and to draw four circles on the paper.
- Each circle should be shaded on one side a different colour by the children
- They need to cut out their four circles.
- The children now need to turn the circles over so the white empty side is facing them.
- They must think of a flavour association with the colour (e.g red - tomato/ pink- strawberry yellos- banana... etc)
- In pencil on the white blank side they need to draw a symbol (a Dingbat) to represent the flavour
- On the coloured side they need to write the flavour in the target language.
- Can other children guess and say the flavour accurately in the target language by looking at other children's "Dingbat pancake symbols"?
- Can children ask for each pancake politely using a full sentence target language request?
- Once the have guessed they can flip the pancake to the coloured side and see if they are correct.