Well it is the end of the first week back. It's been a very busy week .I have already delivered 1 to 1 consultancy in Manchester in one of the 190 network schools working with us and organised over twenty 1 to 1 consultancies between school coordinators and PLN associates .Our associate teachers have been in to most of the 49 schools working within the PLN Associate Teacher Support Programme. Just as the week comes to an end on my Twitter feed appeared the tweet above. A fantastic end to the week !.
We are a network of schools and teachers who believe that everyone can deliver effective primary language learning, given the correct and sustained support.
Six years ago it was just me and the 45 schools and now the whole network has evolved in to a much bigger and better "support machine" - specialist and non- specialist teachers working together within a network to build sustainable and effective language learning.The native speaker associate colleagues help us to get the language and cultural celebrations just right and the associate teachers bring so much to the table with previous or current experience as primary language coordinators, SLT, HLTAs and secondary language teachers. Each and every school brings their own piece to the support framework too - from the sharing of a successful activity to a whole school language day or new approach that we can share immediately via the VLE (virtual learning environment).
It is all together as a network of specialist and non-specialist primary language teachers that we are now able to offer all round support for the teachers who have to deliver primary language learning across their own schools or in their own classrooms.
Support ranges from:
- Associate teachers delivering in class weekly lessons and coordinator support and CPD
- Annual 1 to 1 consultancy either face to face or virtual for each network member school
- Local support group twilights to share and explore a theme or special set of resources
- Ready Made SOW in French,Spanish and plus full KS2 German SoW which lead teachers week by week through lessons from Y3 to Y6.
- Sound files and Key Words and Phrases charts for the total non-specialist so every teacher can participate and be effective
- Additional packages of learning - cross curricular or seasonal special materials
- Complete KS1 package of learning in French or Spanish
- Tracking and assessment tools and CPD
- Primary Languages Develoment Award and mentors to support coordinators and SLT develop effective and sustainable language learning in the individual schools
- Annual free delegate pass to the conference where teachers meet ,share and access CPD from primary practitoners and consultants.
- Facebook support sharing current activities and success in the language classroom
- And of course regular blog posts here to jupdate and support colleagues as they develop their primary language teaching and learning.
Primary language teaching and learning is our passion and we would love you to join us.Find out more here.