Each Primary Languages Network member school is entitled to a free 1 to 1 consultancy with one of the designated associate primary language teachers or myself. The school year has only just started and so far this year we have met with over 40 colleagues in their own primary learning environments. Network members - you can book your school's free 1 to 1 consultancy here or also straight from the home page of the VLE ( top right hand corner).Feedback has been really pleasing....
The hot topics discussed in individual 1 to 1s this half term have been...
- Using the PLN VLE (virtual learning environment) as a live learning community
- How to best use the secure User Files on the PLN virtual learning environment to build an individual school's effective primary language learning programme
- How to gather evidence of progress in the four skills and upload to user files
- How to use the Ready Made French / Spanish effectively with both specialist and non-specialist teachers.
- Ways to upskill and support staff.
- How to access and use the KS2 German SoW Plus
- Building effective language learning in KS1 ,using the packages of learning in the KS1 area of the VLE
- How to use the Tracking Sheets to keep an up to date record of language teaching and learning across KS2.
- How each school can best use and tailor the assessment tools and resources on the VLE to suit the individual school's assessment requirements
- Celebrating languages on special event school days.
We look forward to our 1 to 1 consultancy meetings next half term.